cycos respects your privacy
Protecting the security and privacy of your personal data is important to us. Therefore, we conduct our business in compliance with applicable laws on data privacy protection and data security. We hope the policy outlined below will help you understand what data we may collect, how we use and safeguard that data and with whom we may share it.
Through our Web sites, we will not collect any personal data about you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address), unless you voluntarily choose to provide us with it (e.g. by contact form), respectively, provide your consent, or unless otherwise permitted by applicable laws and regulations for the protection of your personal data.
"Cookies" – Information stored automatically on your computer
When you view one of our Web sites, the following data about your visit will be temporarily stored and processed in a log file:
- IP address, truncated
- Date, time and time spent on the site
- Page viewed
- Browser data
These data are only stored for accounting and statistic purposes. Any other usage or transfer to third parties is excluded.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, please configure your Internet browser to erase all cookies from your computer's hard drive, block all cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored.
Purpose of use
When you do provide us with personal data, we use it to respond to your inquiry, process your order or provide you access to specific information or offers. It may also be necessary for us to store and process personal data and share it with our affiliates to better understand your business needs and how we can improve our products and services.
cycos will collect, use or disclose personal data supplied by you online only for the purposes disclosed to you, unless the disclosure:
- is a use of the personal data for any additional purpose that is directly related to the original purpose for which the personal data was collected,
- is necessary to prepare, negotiate and perform a contract with you,
- is required by law or the competent governmental or judicial authorities,
- is necessary to establish or preserve a legal claim or defense,
- is necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, such as willful attacks on cycos information technology systems to ensure data security.
We do not sell or otherwise market your personal data to third parties. If no legal regulations require data storage for a longer period of time, we will delete your data after they have served their purpose.